Steps to creating bookmarks and links by Autobookmark
Generally, we need to create accuracy Bookmark first, then convert Bookmarks to Destination, and finally Links references to Destination.
Individual rul for each PDF as in the old Infolinker gives the advantage of customizing specific bookmarks and links for specific/particular individual PDF. The rul can be shared/updated/edited through out a network of several PCs.
ABpros.us software automatically follows instruction/execute command from a specific rul of each PDF.
Suggestion: All file name should be lower case, all Bookmarks, Destination, Links should be upper case.
Support-file Samples sample (abm files must open by Acrobat & Autobookmark)
To create bookmarks, we need at least three kinds of support files: abm, IMPORT.txt, and WORDS.txt.
Autobookmark provides several options to create bookmarks. Still, we choose the option Generate bookmarks for easy to run batch processing later.
All abm supporting files copied to current directory and copied to C:\autobookmarklib\supportfiles
1) Creating Support abm files
Open your PDF, from menu bar choose --> Plug-Ins, --> Bookmark, and --> generate.
You may load our template samples (support file with extension .abm, Support-file Samples) and adjust/modify for your own. Then save your new abm for your own template name.
Or you may create new abm for your own by clicking on Add on Bookmark Level Description below ... and input specific info for several option: Bookmark level, Text matching, text location, Font type, Font size ... Each item is explained in Autobookmark manual/help files (Help>Plug in Help>Autobookmark Professional).
The more option selected, the more accuracy. It is important that creating accuracy bookmark in order to convert to accuracy Destination, and link accurately to Destination.
After creating and running, save your setting in abm files for re-use later.
Each PDFs may need several support abm file. For example: abm file for Digit Pages (i.e. PAGE 1-15) , abm files for Roman Pages (PAGE VII), Figures, Tables, Paragraphs, Chapters, Part, Section .... etc. Please take a look at template sample library. All bookmark should be UPPER CASE for converting to Destination
2) Creating IMPORT.txt and WORDS.txt files.
In addition to abm support files, the batch processing need to create two txt files: xxxx_IMPORT.txt and xxxx_WORDS.txt
Please take a look at the sample in our template library.
xxxx_IMPORT.txt is used to create a specific bookmark on one specific page. For example: COVER is bookmark for the first page.
xxxx_WORDS.txt is used to create a specific bookmark on one specific page that contains some specific words. For example: Program will search for "LIST OF EFFECTIVE PAGES" on the entire PDF and create Bookmark LIST OF EFFECTIVE PAGES for every found. (Later program will merge duplicate titles to keep the first one)
3) Creating Bookmarks by inputting support abm and txt files manually.
Now you can manually create each specific kind of bookmark by loading each template for one by one PDF.
For abm press Plug In > Bookmark > Generate (or Alt+p+b+g)
For xxxx_IMPORT.txt press Plug In > Bookmark > Create Bookmarks from text (or Alt+p+b+t)
For xxxx_WORDS.txt press Plug In > Bookmark > Bookmarks Words from list (or Alt+p+b+w)
3) Creating Bookmarks by inputting support abm and txt files automatically in batch with ABpros.us Program.
Or you may use Program to create all of several type of bookmarks and for all PDFs in the current directory in one click. There is no limit PDFs to run for Program. Program is automation and batch processing programs.
To use Program you need to create a rul file to run bookmarks in batch instead run one-by-one abm. (This file is the same as the rul of old infolinker, a file with extension .rul). Each PDF has it own specific rul.
For example: BB2M321.pdf has its own rul: BB2M321.rul
Uppercase or Lower case will affect batch processing later. We suggest using lowercase for all file names, and no space or special characters.
All rul files copied to current directory and copied to C:\autobookmarklib\rul
A rul file may contain the following lines:
#FINDREPLACEBMK (list of effective pages) FOR (LOEP)
* Program will read all line contain # and << as the input and ignore all of other lines. That means that you can add your own remark/note at any location, avoid to add on the same line containing # and <<.
Still, Program ignore file have more than two ## consequently, line contains triple \\\ as in Infolinker rul.
* # denote the line is a command. You may take a look at all other command for Program in our sample rul library.
* #RMBKMARK, this command tell Program to remove all previous bookmarks to create all new. If you want to keep the current bookmark and add extra bookmark, you should remove this command, or just remove the pound sign # (RMBKMARK)
* #RMDESTINATION, this command tell Program to remove all previous destination to create all new. If you want to keep the current bookmark and add extra bookmark, you should remove this command or just remove the pound sign # (RMDESTINATION)
Your page view may be old, please press F5 for new updated on this page.